Happy 100th Birthday Lucille Ball! In honor of the I Love Lucy star’s centennial, we have put together our top 10 favorite quotes said by America’s favorite quirky actress. An ode to an original beauty, thank you for continuing to inspire us to be bold and brave, and above all, be yourself. To Lucy-
1. I’m happy that I have brought laughter because I have been shown by many the value of it in so many lives, in so many ways.
2. In life, all good things come hard, but wisdom is the hardest to come by.
3. I have an everyday religion that works for me. Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line.
4. I’m not funny. What I am is brave.
5. Luck? I don’t know anything about luck. I’ve never banked on it and I’m afraid of people who do. Luck to me is something else: Hard work - and realizing what is opportunity and what isn’t.
6. I am a real ham. I love an audience. I work better with an audience. I am dead, in fact, without one.
7. It’s a helluva start, being able to recognize what makes you happy.
8. Women’s Lib? Oh, I’m afraid it doesn’t interest me one bit. I’ve been so liberated it hurts.
9. The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.
10. I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done.